(CAPITOL CITY NOW) – Gov. JB Pritzker (pictured, left) Monday said if Chicago mayor Brandon Johnson (pictured, right) has a proposal to keep the Chicago Bears in Chicago, it’s news to him.
“The mayor has no plan,” said Pritzker. “He has come up with no plan at all about how the Bears would end up in the city of Chicago, so that’s problematic. I’d love them to be in the city, but we are three years in (the Johnson administration) and he still has no plan. The Bears have said publicly – again – that they have now only two options, and that’s the state of Indiana and Arlington Heights.”
Pritzker said when it comes to lobbying Springfield, Johnson is flat-out ineffective.
“The mayor has shown up every spring – at the end of session – to pronounce what he would like to see happen, and, as you know, I present my budget to the legislature in February, so that seems like a good time period to come talk to the governor’s office. We have seen almost nothing out of the mayoral administration here on that subject, or, really, any other, so to show up in May and have a bunch of demands seems late in the game.”
After what was described as an outpatient urological procedure a couple of weeks ago, Pritzker described himself as “a 61-year-old healthy man who has never had any life-threatening illnesses, still don’t.” Unaddressed: his staff’s untruthful statement about a second doctor visit last week in Springfield.
